Re: 180 BPS synch, Hatachi L100 drive (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:04:44 EDT
From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 180 BPS synch, Hatachi L100 drive (fwd)

In a message dated 7/19/07 10:58:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I  have a 3p, 2HP motor - rpm 1740 handy. I have 8 electrodes on the disk.
Hmm,  3000rpm=400bps. >Can I safely run the motor faster a bit or would a
faster  rated motor be better?

    This is generally limited by the physical  construction of the motor
(bearings, balancing, load, rotor strength). Best to  contact the manufacturer or
review their literature for the exact motor you're  using. IMHO 3000 rpm
should be no problem for most 1740 motors, especially for  occasional short RSG use.
    Also keep in mind once you hit 1740 RPM, you will  be in the constant HP
region, so further increase in RPM past the motor's  nominal rating come at
the price of a linear decrease in available torque.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities