Re: 19 kV MOT stack? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 09:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: J. Aaron Holmes <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 19 kV MOT stack? (fwd)

Agreed.  When you find yourself wondering about wiring
a dozen transformers together, it's time to stand back
and scratch your head a few times!! :-O

As it is, IMO, the eight-MOT stacks out there are
monuments to human persistence more than anything
else.  If MOTs are truly all you can get and/or you
have $0, fine.  Try 'em.  Otherwise, you'll just end
up with something that weighs most of what a small
pole pig would, and yet is always teetering on the
edge of self-destruction (and perhaps destruction of
other things!) due to insulation stresses.

Just curiously:  D.C., are you selling out-of-can pole
pigs?  If so, that seems like a great option,
considering that so much of the oil volume of the big
cans is wasted on the kind of duty cycles most of us
run TCs at.  You could even just buy a pail of Diala
and drop the pig right into it! ;-))

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE