Using AC Drives - was Re: 180 BPS synch, Hatachi L100 drive (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:59:58 -0400
From: Jonathon Reinhart <jonathon.reinhart@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Using AC Drives - was Re: 180 BPS synch, Hatachi L100 drive (fwd)

Hey, do I hear talk of drives?  I'm an EE co-op at a place that does R&D for
industrial machines and I've got some experience with AC drives.  I had no
idea that anyone was using drives in their TC setups.  Is this the case?

Also, on the subject of ABB drives... In a machine we recently pulled out of
production and re-worked, we replaced the ABB drives for conveyors with
smaller, cheaper Yaskawa drives.  They are V7's.  These are really nice and
I actually like them a lot.  Their input freq. ref. is changeable and you
can select from 0-10V, 0-20mA, or 4-20mA.  The digital operator is decent,
but they make good use out of a small 7-seg display.

I'm assuming any of these you could run from two-wire 240V?   Because the
drives first convert it to straight DC.

Jonathon Reinhart