RE: First Test run (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 14:53:47 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: First Test run (fwd)

Stephen,
     Ah, the joys of tuning.  Some would say, hook it to an o-scope and be
done with it, but personally I find it more fun (and much much much more
educational) to tinker with everything.  Primary tap, spark gap (not too
wide now), top load height, coupling (distance between primary and
secondary), etc, all of these things will affect performance.  If you are
not patient, and want it perfect, right now, you could plug it into java TC
and get very close (it took me a while to figure out the program, there is a
lot of stuff there), or get the proper tools (o-scope, signal generator,
frequency counter?) to find the best spot first time.  Just remember, if you
choose to tinker, changing one thing, will require a change in all the
others even if it is small, but you will eventually stumble on an optimum
value for all the components.  I hope this helps.
Scott Bogard.

http://liveearth.msn.com