Re: Vegas pole pigs can't take the heat (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:18:39 -0400
From: BRIAN FOLEY <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vegas pole pigs can't take the heat (fwd)

Hi, interesting,  originally they were sized for the estimated demand, i bet
if you measured the wattage they are actually running at peak demand, it
probably is more than twice rated. in this town we have 3 transformers
feeding 3 towns from here. the transformers were rated at 200 kva, those
caught on fire in the winter, were replaced by 450 kva, and this spring one
burned up so that one is now rated a550 kva and seems to working ok.
they take a lot of punishment. cul brian f.