RE: For the coiler who has everything else? (fwd)...SMD (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:25:18 +0000
From: stork3264@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: For the coiler who has everything else? (fwd)...SMD (fwd)

By far the fine muscle tremor we all have in our hands presents the
greatest difficulty in SMT work.  As a surgeon, I deal daily with precise
movement and close tolerances.  Early on we learn the value of bridging to
control and eliminate tremor.  I've extended surgical bridging to SMT
work.  Use a small piece of 1/2" angle aluminum and place it in front of
the piece to be soldered.  Put the soldering iron across the angle Al
which becomes a fulcrum.  Experiment with fulcrum length for comfort.
Tremor vanishes.

RWW