Re: For the coiler who has everything else? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:25:25 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: For the coiler who has everything else? (fwd)

Yes.  Pretty amazing that we live in an age where
components are now so miniturized that we need "smart
tweezers" to take measurements.   Common stuff in SMD
engineering.

Some coilers on 4hv have already started using surface
mount components in coiling designs.  A lot of people
think working with surface mount chip components is
out of reach of the amateur, but many people have
proven this to be a myth.  Very cool stuff.

-Brett

     I'd want to see some reliable reviews of that particular device before forking out that much money.  Specs are impressive but........................

     As for SMD's, all it takes is 20-year old eyes and steady hands and a good 10 power binocular microscope.

ed