Re: vttc_project_picture

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The leakage inductance would be enough to make some very high voltage spikes when the triac opens. I suspect that the leakage inductance of a transformer of the size needed for an 833 filament would be quite substantial as far as the triac is concerned. Any light dimmer that I have ever seen states FOR INCANDESCENT LOADS ONLY.

Give it a try with a small transformer and resistive load with a scope looking that the AC

Skip