RE: Help required - ignition coil Tesla

Original poster: "Derek" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

James,
        My suggestion for improving the output of your ignition powered coil
is to rectify the output of the ignition coils and charge a much bigger
primary capacitor to a much higher voltage.

        4-5" sparks are easily obtainable this way.

        I uses a string of 4 BY8412 from each ignition coil to charge a 6nF
primary capacitor at 10Kv
        this gives a much larger charge for each bang, but at about 10 Bangs
per second rather than 1000 or so without rectification.

        More details of my twin Ignition coil coil are at
 http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk/it/ikletess.htm

        Cheers
                Derek

www.extrememyfunny.co.uk