Re: vttc_project_picture

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> That's pretty sharp photography.  I like the looks
> of
> that VTTC.  It has a very neat, clean layout.  Is
> that
> the permanent home of the 833A?  Up on the top deck?
> That's going to look cool when the filament is
> glowing
> and the toroid is sparking.
>
> I hope you will continue to update the list with new
> images as you make progress.  Just looking at yours
> makes me want to surf e-bay for an 833A.  IGBTs?  I
> don't need no stinking IGBTs!  Gimme a big 'ol glass
> bottle and a 40 lb. plate transformer!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the compliments and enthusiasm...my base is
modeled after Steve Ward's single 833a vttc base, so
nothing new here, but mine ended up being a bit taller
due to my using a 48" long, 1" wide dowel and cutting
it into one foot sections for the base support
columns.  I loved the look of Steve placing the 833A
on the top tier of the wooden base...that way the warm
glow of the tube contrasts the look of the streamers
for that distinctive vttc effect.  You should
certainly build your own Greg...plus if I decide to
upgrade to beefier 833C tubes in the near future for
this project, I might be able to send you an 833A
sometime soon.

-Brett

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.