RE: Resonant cap?

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

I hate to argue with you Gary, but I used to have two 2.4kVA transformers that ran at 20kHz and could, if put in series, put out 60kVDC. I was planning to use them in parallel, for 30kV and have a good rotary gap(high speed as previously mentioned in the pseudo CW idea). I can't see a 2000V, 10ma transformer doing much, but through a multiplier circuit or even direct driving a secondary wound to 30kHz with frog hair fine wire, might do something.
Mike

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <<http://us.f345.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=Gary.Lau@xxxxxx&YY=47833&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=up&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=f>Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I don't understand.  What is running at 30 KHz - the 2kV transformer?
If so, it won't work, at least not in any configuration that folks on
this List are familiar with.  What you need is a "core and coil"
transformer, which means it runs at 50/60 Hz.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw-->Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.