Re: John Freau's Phase Controller

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 1/24/07 12:14:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: westland <westland@xxxxxx>

It probably just requires playing around with components until I get
the result I want.  I've put this aside for the moment, but I'll post
if I am able to get this working.
You say for the 1800 rpm motors (or 1500 over here) you only get half
the mechanical shift that you do for the 3600 rpm motors, right?  So
maximum around 35% (which is enough for my gap)

yes, the shift is half if you look at the rotor spinning.  Actually
it's the same amount but appears to be less degrees of shift
because there are twice as many electrodes on the disc so
they are 45 degrees apart instead of 90 degrees apart.  So
it's really the same amount of shift from an operating standpoint.
But a different amount from a visual viewpoint (in a way).

John