RE: My VTTC fun begins...

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

> That is a really impressive chunk of 833 work you have
> done there!  It was foolish of me not to do a more
> thorough search over the archives before assuming the
> VTTC hobby wasn't as vibrant as it should be...then
> again, with luck we can still step it up a few notches
> in 2007.  I will read the VTTC posts of last year
> tonight if possible.  I guess a search for your name
> and "VTTC" or "833A" should yield good results.

Thanks for the compliments... You should be able to find me that way I'd
think...

> One thing I would like to do once I've had a bit of
> tube coiling experience under my belt, is work with
> you and others to update the "VTTC FAQ" to include all
> current findings and also add in the illustrations
> that are missing from the copy found on Steve's
> website.  It would no doubt work wonders for the VTTC
> side of the hobby to have such a document and keep it
> relatively up to date.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I was planning to ask Steve if I could mirror
the FAQ on my site, with credits to him of course.

I saw the other post about the grid leak resistance... Man, in my
experience, 2k is way small... I have best results with 12.5k. I use two of
these in series:

http://www.electronicsurplus.com/ccp73487-10k-ohm-150-watt-rheostat--0-12amp
---4inch-dia----type-150r-2556.htm

This is real good price for these and they are really hard to find.

Talk to you later,
Cameron