Re: Weather/coil performance

Original poster: Terrell Fritz <terrellfone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

Sontube and other cardboard tubes will have much higher loss in humid weather. That might decrease spark length roughly 20%. Plastics should not be affected.

But I think the original poster was seeing practically NO spark output. Unless the secondary was covered in ice or dripping wet, humidity or temperature effects alone would not explain a total loss of spark output.

Since everyone uses poly caps, capacitor temperature drift would be tiny too and would not explain the problem.

Cheers,

        Terry