Re: Are these mica caps?

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall" <jpeakall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I've been watching the mica cap thread for VTTC's. I have the tubes, and I'm
wondering if these caps I have are mica and/or would work for VTTC use.

The caps look like the ones at NSS linked in that thread. The are cylinders,
appear to be ceramic (not glass, like the glassmike caps) and are marked as
follows:

F-C-I
D6-200-20
.02mF
20kVDC

AXEL
T103L1   12.5kV

Any idea what kind these are? I also have a lot of glass caps, are these any
good for VTTC's? I know of their problems for regular disruptive coils.

It would be sweet if I could use any of these caps, as then I would have all
of the expensive components.

Thanks!

Jonathan
www.madlabs.info

How big are they? Answer is almost certainly not unless they are enormous. I have an 0.006 mfd 20 kV mica capacitor by Sprague which is about 6" in diameter and 10 inches long.

Ed