Re: [RE]Garage door opener vs. Tesla coil

Original poster: Jeff Larson <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The big problem with the openers is the low voltage wiring with long wires to photo eyes, combination keypads, push buttons. I bet the voltage on these circuits is 24 volts or less. Inducing 100 volts on these wires is no problem with 1/2 million volt potentials near by. I disconnect all the wires from the opener and the photo eyes when I run my coil.
Jeff

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Bert Pool <lightnin_dude@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Running a separate ground to the opener frame may not help you. I killed my 2nd door opener trying this.

Bert