Re: Wire Length

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

     "By the way, now, for the first time you see my appara-
tus on Houston Street, which I used for obtaining oscilla-
tions, damped and undamped as well.  But, it is neces-
sary to state that while others, who had been using my
apparatus, but without my experience, have produced
with it damped oscillations, my oscillations were almost
invariably continuous, or undamped, because my circuits
were so designed that they had a very small damping
factor.  Even if I operated with very low frequencies, I always
obtained continuous, or undamped, waves for the reason
that I designed my circuits as nonradiative circuits.  I will
explain that later." [pp. 43-44]
My guess is that Tesla was, as I heard it called....'catching the tiger by the tail'. literally meaning he synchronized his spark impulses to cause the secondary to constructively interefere with itself. The addition of that last little bit of amplitude with the next max would certainly cause resonant rise beyond what anyone today does at 120 to 1000 bps.
Mike

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
<http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097;_ylc=X3oDMTFtNW45amVpBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw-->Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.