Re: MOT Voltage Amps ?????

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Most microwave xmfrs are capable of 20 Amps at 120 VAC, so approx 2,400 watts. A small series reactor is typically used with a MOT so it doesn't draw excessive line current under load and blow the breaker. I like to adjust the turns on the reactor so the MOT operating a climbing arc draws approx 18 AC Amps keeping it just below the breaker's trip point.

MOTs such as yours can also have the sec coils connected in series to deliver 4 kV at 600 mA for short duty cycles. Makes an impressive climbing arc.

Dr. Resonance

I have salvaged 2 microwave oven transformers. Does anyone know the aproxomate voltage and amps on this transformers.