Re: Cadmium & Lead

Original poster: "James Howells" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have tried not to get involved in this thread .... all of you guys are on another planet compared to me intellectually But I can't resist: as it is some thing I have been on the fringes of in my working life.

I used to work as SENIOR Lab Rat ..... along time ago for LUCAS ELECTRICAL (as was!!!!) - the headlamp div.
We bought in, and I tested,  hundreds of different plastic etc .
About 1985 or so, the Car (I'm sorry! Automobile) companies put out an edict ... which I believe came from a EEC ( common market thingy) Directive that NO PLASTIC COMPONENTS COULD CONTAIN CADMIUM in particular, and any heavy metals in general. Cadmium was used .. I believe to colour the plastic yellow.

Cadmium plated parts were banned in the 1970's.

So, I think it is highly unlikely any PVC product contains heavy metals
Unless any one knows different!

Protected by www.Spamjab.com