Re: Transformer Need

At 11:07 AM 1/12/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: Frank <fxrays@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I am trying to locate parts to build a coil from a 1937 article I have.

Does anyone know where I can obtain an old pole transformer, 4400 V to 120 V 5 KVA?
This was common for houses back then but impossible to find so far.

You might also find them as a "dry transformer" used in industrial plants fed with 2400 or 4160 V to make 120V for lighting and light appliances.

For instance, at the bottom of this list
http://www.atlaselectricinc.com/Dry%20Transformer%20list.htm
there's a 5 kVA 4160 to 240/120V single phase transformer.

I'd imagine there's tons of 4160 to 120V transformers around.. 4160 is a very common MV distribution voltage (at JPL, I think most of the "substation" to "building" distribution is done at 4160) You'll see 120V secondaries because they use 3 in Wye to make 208/120 three phase.

I do not want a modern higher voltage transformer as I do not need higher current, voltage or size.

Thanks ,Frank