Re: Transformer capacitor and WINTESLA

PFC will have no effect on the performance of your coil. People that have medium powered coils can get the line current lower with PFC and stay within the 15 or 20 amp breaker limits. I have a 15KV 120ma coil that would draw around 24 amps of 120Vac without PFC and blow the circuit breaker. With PFC, the line current was droped to around 17 amps and the 20 amp breaker is happy.

Gerry R.

WHAT IS THE POWER CORRECTION CAPACITANCE  ... WHERE DO I USE THAT ?"