Re: Transformer capacitor and WINTESLA

JAVATC will calc the PFC value for you, and possibly the other programs out there do the same. However, the "best PFC value" is "best performed" via measurement. I personally recommend using a program to quickly calc the ballpark PFC value, then buy enough caps you can parallel beyond the ballpark (experiment with). I personally don't care about PFC correction, but others do I guess.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>

no, the link i provided was the correct one. I orginally stated that i used wintesla which i dont believe i ever have. i corrected myself and gave the link off of <http://download.com>download.com for teslamap which i do use. i think it might be more up to date as wintesla seems to be from the windows 95 (pre mmc?) era. at any rate, the link i provided was correct, maybe youre having problems on your end. oh yea power correction capacitance....dont really know what it is but i think what your refering to is PFC (power factor correction) in which you wire motor run capacitors in parallel (maybe?) with the primary of your nst. something along those lines, im sure someone will have a better explanation. if not search PFC in the archives.

big sparks,
drake