ganging up cheap generators

I notice that there has been a recent influx of very inexpensive imported generators. Today's Sunday LA Times has ads for 2kW generators for under $200 and 3kW for $250. Sure, these aren't electric start, they're probably noisy as all get out, and are not necessarily the most durable and rugged things.

BUT, for those folks looking for a (portable) power supply for a bigger coil, and worried about zapping their home electronics by interconnecting to the mains power, this is interesting. When the coil is running, you'll probably not hear the generator.

Another intriguing possibility is that one can conceivably interconnect 2 or 3 of these to make 3 phase power if you're running a big DC coil. Yes, one could go do a REAL 3 phase 9-10kW generator, and get better performance, but I'll bet it would cost more than the $750 it would take to buy 3 of the 3kW imports.

OTOH, maybe there's also cheap imported 3 phase generators.