Re: magnetrons as diodes

Original poster: HomerLea@xxxxxxx I couldn't pass this one up. 40+ years I built a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier using 8020 and 705A tubes. At one point testing it the plates on the 8020s turned red so I thought "oops, better turn it off". Nothing was damaged; don't get a second chance like that with solid state. The tubes also make for a lot more interesting looking device. I still have piles of the tubes so if I live long enough I hope to construct another CW multiplier.
Jim Heagy, old fashion fan of tubes