Re: OPEN-CIRCUIT NST LIFE

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/18/07 11:17:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Because of the capacitance of the wire the terminal voltage was
slightly higher than the terminal voltage.

Hi Ed,

?????????????????

Matt D. "

  The capacitance was that of the electric fence - about 150 feet
of #24 wire about 8" above the ground.  I had a very crude voltmeter
to read the output voltage and it went from about 4 kV to about 4.2
kV when I connected the lead to the fence.  I was using only half the
transformer with the case grounded to a water pipe.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Now I see! I was confused by the phrase " the terminal voltage was slightly higher than the terminal voltage" It seemed like X > X.

Matt D.