RE: Inductance and the acceleration of charge

Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gerry,

        There is a movement of electrons I have read recently but can't
remember where (possibly Science News?), but as you have pointed out, it is
astounding orders of magnitude slower than .95c.  Charge isn't "traveling"
as Jared says below.  It seems a better analogy is the mechanical toy where
steel spheres are hanging together touching each other on parallel pendulums
and you drop one, and at the other end another steel ball flys out while the
rest stay stationary.  This isn't a perfect analogy since the charge does
travel and eventually the original electrons will exit too.

Regards,

Al Erpel