Check this out! :-)

Original poster: Hypatia's =?iso-8859-1?Q?Prot=E9g=E9?= <hypatia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300080623872&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1

The E3030B is essentially a 4-1000A (a.k.a. 8166) but sporting a Max Ep of
100kV and  power a dissipation figure of 1.5 kW -- Yet the gain,
transconductance (Yes! a distinction exists! ;), and other significant
parameters are near enough that of the 4-1000A ( E[heater] & basing are
identical) that the former is _INtransitively_  electrically interchangeable
with the latter in most applications (e.g. I can personally vouch for said
interchangeability in an old, manually band-switched, class AB[2] RF Amp --
tunable to 2.5 kW into a well-nigh perfect 50+0j dummy load (Drv~20w) from
160 -10 meters (operating at an Ep= 4.5kV)  with a only a slight power gain
penalty but impeccable spectral purity! :)

And no! although E3030Bs are employed as high-EMF 'switches' in CT scanners,
as I advised the seller, said unit is not an 'X-Ray tube' (in the sense of a
device specifically designed for production of said energy [e.g. a Coolidge
diode])  -- Still at 100kV a few mm of Pb couldn't hurt! ;)

Have fun!!! --- and make certain it is expertly packed for shipment! -- In
my experience 70% of heavy tubes are destroyed in-transit -- despite courier
:,(

Very best regards
Dan Sarandon

PS -- I am in no way connected with the seller! -- I happened upon the
listing while pursuing my passion (To wit: 50'ish-60'ish glass Coolidge
tubes) --- whereupon I was, at sight of the above described device,
'transported', forthwith, back to the daze (sic) of my youth (as a Med
student with a 'yen' for radio...) --- Then I thought of you folks and the
recent interest in VTTCs :)

Hope to have been of assistance :)