Re: Electricial conductive beam

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 2/14/07 12:43:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>And for what benign purpose do you "need" such a device for?

    And I would ask in return, what do you *need* a Tesla Coil for?

>A wise person would ask, "Just because we can do it, does that mean we should?"

Just because we can play with dangerous Tesla Coils, does that mean we should?

>I can see it now, electric-fire ray guns become the newest rage at high
>school science competitions.

    Hmmm, like Tesla Coils?
Don't forget Tesla himself had grand boasts of "death-ray" weapon technology.

> Go someplace else to seek advice on building your senseless weapons.

    "War is the father of all things." - Heraclitus

Does that mean we should take away Tasers from police officers and prison guards, because they are "senseless weapons"?

    -Phil LaBudde