RE: Metallic salts on vttc breakout point...

Original poster: "Derek" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Adding metallic salt compounds to the breakout point works *much* better on
a vttc than it >did on my medium sized disruptive coils.  Last night I added
some salt to the top of a
>large paper clip and placed it atop the toroid of the 813 vttc.

If you can get hold of some, try strontium nitrate.

I have tried all sorts of compounds for colouring arcs from an SSTC table
salt is by far the most impressive, but strontium nitrate or better still a
mixture of both table salt and
 strontium nitrate.

My experiments are at
http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk/saltsparks/saltysparks2.htm

This only seams to work sell with HOT coils DRSSTC's and spark gap TC's
don't have the heat in the arc to get the best out of anything applied to
the breakout.

Jacobs ladders are even better..
http://www.extremeelectronics.co.uk/hvpsu/index.htm bottom of the page..

        Derek