Re: 813 in my vttc...

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I also like the Yish Electric Co. caps. We buy them from a rep in Hawaii for approx $25 per cap if anyone needs some. We usually buy 100 caps per order and I will be entering another order in April. I always get the 2700 pF 50 kV units which we use, 2 caps per stage, in Marx generators.

Steve Ward and his friend Sean have pioneered a unique inductive method of stage separation completely eliminating the expensive interstage resistors the provide isolation while the Marx generator fires.

If anyone if interested in joining me in the April bulk order, contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

> The Yish doorknobs are inexpensive, great for filter
> (and grid leak) caps, and they will work fine if you
> are just hungry to get started on your 1st vttc.  But
> they are no substitute for higher quality caps that
> will stay cool.  Luckily, I have a big mica on the
> way.

This is almost a verbatim quote of what I originally stated about VTTC tank
caps. You will see a huge difference when you get the mica cap installed.

BTW, I am coming to the hamfest you mentioned on the 24th. It's about 3
hours for me, but I didn't have plans for that day and my wife is working
anyway. If you'd like to meet that would be cool. Let me know.

Cameron