Re: About wireless energy transfer

Soljacic has stated in interviews that Tesla's work is what got him started on this line of research ... Soljacic is Serbian and has, I guess, a nationalistic interest in continuing Tesla's work. I suspect that any references of old research in a submitted research paper (based on my own experience) would have to be very brief ... just a citation ... as most journals have page limits, or at least the editors try to limit the copy to what work was done by the researcher"

I think the editors'/reviewers' treatment of old work might be different if it anticipated all of the principles which the authors of the new paper advanced as their own novel discoveries. I'm sure that patent examiners would decide in this particular case that there was NO new art. Doubt if those guys will ever try to patent their ideas.

Ed