From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:12 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: synchronous motor

Hi Anthony,

The two motors I have that are capacitor start motors, have a switch
with the motor to turn off the start winding.

On the 1/12 HP motor, the switch is in the "bump" on the motor side
that I normally associate with cap start motors.  This switch is
controlled by current in the main winding and the start cap is
exterior to the motor and supplied by the user.

The other 1/4 HP motor has a centrifical switch that turns off the
start winding when sufficient speed has been obtained.  The capacitor
is in the "bump" on the motor side.  I bet that the motor already has
the switch and you need to find where to put the capacitor.

Gerry R.