Re: toroid transformer question

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I have two small toroid transformers that I'd like to do 'something' with. The low voltage side measured 34 - 35 uH (approx. as measured using a really crude home-made inductance meter I put together from a kit haha), and the high voltage side measured 3.33mH for each one. Now I 'presume' the primaries are really meant to be 33uH, for a 100:1 ratio.
With these inductances the turns ratio is 10:1 (square root of the ratio of inductances). Probably not enough insulation for operation at high voltage. Maybe useful for a bridge driver in a "solid state Tesla coil".

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz