Re: Terry filter

Original poster: westland <westland@xxxxxx>

I'm at about 0.4 inch. I just put my NST across the spark gap side of the Terry Filter, and cranked up the variac until it sparked, and then set the gaps so that they sparked at about 220vac (I'm in Hong Kong, so 220vac and 50 Hz).

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Todd Reeve" <todd.reeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am going to add a Terry Filter to my coil and I was wondering if someone could give me a ballpark width for the 2 safety gaps. I am running a 15kV 60 mA NST.

Thanks.

--

J. Christopher Westland, PhD CPA
Professor, ISMT, University of Science & Technology, HK Clearwater Bay,Kowloon, Hong Kong