Re: [TCML] Strike rings - to use or not to use

Hi David,

the 'banded' primary indeed is fairly compact, in particular, because the interwinding distance is 6mm only c-c (especially flat taps were created, in order to tap the windings). I've not experienced corona (characterized by Dr.R in his posting "Re:[TCML]Q,,question" of Dec.6th,2007) so far, but I might have to perform a test in complete darkness and without flying sparks, in order to observe it.

Best regards & Happy New Year

Kurt

david baehr wrote:
that acrylic sheet works well over your 'banded' pri. ?   Ive
thought of making a banded , vs copper tubing,..its more compact ,
but read about the corona on the sharp edges.....etc..