[TCML] Fwd: Fault tracing in electrical circuits

This may be a repost, I don't remember whether I've seen it here before. I saw it on a different mailing list. It concerns the troubleshooting and repair of an underground, oil-filled, 230kV transmission line. I found it fascinating.

Begin forwarded message:

Kiran Wagle sent this URL to a few of us; it seemed
like a pleasant thing to pass along to the list. Happy
holidays to all of you, and may you never be faced
with a problem of this magnitude unless you are
assured of adequate funding & the availability of
appropriate expertise...

http://jwz.livejournal.com/94645.html