From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff W. Parisse
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:07 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Jeopardy! Dec 18th

TCML,

That coil was the Model 9J (fashioned after Bill Wysock's Model 9) and was
the same coil that we used for the 2006 Fear Factor Halloween Special and
was the basis for the popular SG20-TC now in commercial production ($88,000
retail).

It is (was) a SP-SRSG (sailent pole syncronous rotary spark gap) type coil
set to fire at 240pps. The secondary is PVC (the SG20-TC uses FRP) and is
20" or 22" and is topped with a 48" toroid (small yes, but it was often
attached to other things lowering the Fsec). The caps are two .1uf Maxwells
specially designed by Bill Wysock and manufactured for us by General Atomics

(the same company that makes the Predator UAV).

The Model 9J was reconfigured and sold to a Korean special effects company.
The original secondary coil, however, sits proudly in the corner of the
reception room of our new office. Our rental SG20-TC is in Hong Kong for the

Andy Lau concerts that begin tomorrow.

Sam has been in China for a couple of weeks and when he gets back, we will
u/l some fun videos to our Youtube channel.

Jeff