Re: [TCML] measure VDG voltage

In actual practice, it's approximately 1 megaVolt per meter of spark
discharge between large dia electrodes.

For smaller machines up to 30 inch dia. spheres, use 26.5 kV / cm as an
accurate measurement.

We use a generating field mill voltmeter to actually measure the
potential.  26.5 kV / cm is the usual outcome for small and medium size
machines.

Dr. Resonance
Physicist
www.resonanceresearch.com

> Can anyone suggest me suggest a method to measure the voltage present on a
> topload of a Van de Graaf generator?
>
> Thank a Lot.
>
> Vladi
>

> Vladimiro Mazzilli
> Ricerca & Sviluppo
> Aros Srl
> Via Somalia 20
> 20032 Cormano (MI)
> Tel. +39 02 66327266 - Fax. +39 02 66327528
> email: V.Mazzilli@xxxxxxx
> Web: http://www.aros.it<http://http://www.aros.it>
>  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Chi riceve il presente  messaggio e` tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non
> gli sia pervenuto per  errore.  In tal caso e` pregato di avvisare
> immediatamente il mittente  e,  tenuto  conto  delle  responsabilita`
> connesse  all'indebito utilizzo e/o  divulgazione  del  messaggio  e/o
> delle  informazioni  in esso contenute,  voglia  cancellare  l'originale
> e distruggere  le varie copie  o stampe.
>
> The receiver  of this message is required to check if  he/she has received
> it erroneously.  If  so,  the  receiver  is  requested to immediately
> inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities  arising
> from undue use and/or disclosure of the message  and/or  the information
> contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout
> thereof.

Dr. Resonance