[TCML] solenoid primary coupling, in house coil

Hello All,

I have a 4" 24" acrylic secondary wound 23.25" for about 1150 turns (25 or
26awg). Furthermore, I have wound an 8" primary with 16 turns of .25" Cu
tubing spaced .25" (poly rope) on a 14" high acrylic form. The coil can be
moved up and down on the form as the outside is epoxied.

If I am interrupting my old version (9.1) of JavaTC the secondary needs to
be above the top winding about 2.5" to get a k =.155. Does that sound right?

What about an ideal ground plane distance?

I haven't played with a disruptive coil with a close solenoid primary
before. If you are in agreement with my interpretation of the JavaTC run,
what do you think about gluing a plexi disk about 3" from the top of the
primary, affixing the secondary bottom to it, and adjusting the primary up
and down to fine turn the coupling?

The PSU is a static gap, forced air, 40-50ma 12kv repotted France neon.

Am I interrupting the Java run correctly? Having the secondary above the top
of the primary solenoid winding seems a bit weird. I would appreciate some
feedback before I affix a base disk inside the primary tube a few inches
near the top. Any corrections or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Jim Mora