Re: [TCML] MOT supply

> I too am trying to start a small coil using a single MOT
> if possible but haven't figured out how to get the voltage
> high enough for a decent spark gap.
>
> And  I do play Halo (TeslaHV on Xbox Live. Perhaps you've
> run into me?)
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,
how big is this coil going to be? this afternoon i
discovered that you cant fit a mot (yes, even a tiny one),
voltage quadrupler, tank cap, charging choke and a spark gap
into a tc that has a base 7 inches squared :-(
probably better to make a seperate 15kv power supply out of
a mot, volt quadrupler and choke and just supply 15kv to
your coil. on the bright side it does make the tc a whole
lot lighter without that junk attached to it...
also, is this your first coil?
what are you going to use as a topload? toroid? sphere?
family cat?

if you see someone in the wonderful world of Halo3 called
dalek, then thats me.

ben