Re: [TCML] Another MMC question.

Hi Finn,

Not all the values are bad, but there are a couple I looked at which are ugly. The problem I have is the chart itself is geared toward minimal caps needed. Using minimal caps is fine to save cash, but it comes with a sacrifice.

I think if there is to be a chart which coilers will use, it should show poor to excellent ratings for a given NST size for the basic parameters and then the coiler can make the choice or at least ask the advice of the list "before" they learn it the hard way. The chart is really only useful for one cap type anyway which is a little silly and is why I prefer just do the math myself.

Take care,
Bart

Finn Hammer wrote:

Bart, all
I don`t think the *right* voltage rating has been determined yet.
It is still a question of economics, need for durability or the individual coilers boldness, if you like.

<snip>