Re: [TCML] High voltage input snap when adjusting unloaded Terry saftey

Dear ???

    Doubling the number of strings will double the  power handling ability of
your MMC. It will also cut your resonant frequency in  half. You will
therefore have to use 1/2 the primary inductance to keep the  primary and secondary
in tune. Smaller inductance means higher inrush current  and more heat
dissipation. The alternative is to increase the size of your  secondary and/or topload
to drop its resonant frequency to match the primary. If  you're not winding a
new, larger secondary, then the increase in needed topload  size could
quickly become structurally unwieldy and/or unaesthetic. Many folks  do some of
each, somewhat larger toroid, somewhat tapped inward primary, it's  all a
compromise.

Matt D.

In a message dated 12/11/07 1:04:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,