Re: [TCML] Tesla coils on italian TV show!

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for sharing this video. It was very amusing! I did not understand the language, but I could make out some of what was said. Very entertaining!

Take care,
Bart

Fabio wrote:
Hi All!

Few months ago, i was contacted by the society who organize all courage tests for an important italian TV show: their wanted a fear test with sparks! :-O

during a short meeting with me, they understood that it could be easily organized so, after few discarded ideas, the test was designed and scheduled! :-D

I selected two members as helpers from ALTATENSIONE mailing list and we finally moved in Rome "Cinecittà" with our appliances for setting the test, in spite of the small duration of the test, the developement of entire set was surprisingly longer and many-many-many people was required (3 coilers plus one tailor, 5 carpenters, 6 cameramans, 2 audio technicians, 6 light technicians, 1 electrician and many others..... at least 30 people were used in 5 days of development!!!!)

It was a special opportunity to know and work for the strange world of television and, of course, a special opportunity to make known the tesla coils in Italy, the statistics have placed "Ciao Darwin" to first place in the audience with 24% share during the Tesla Coil test!

anyhow, the test was a disaster......

The first competitor was stopped in mid for a "scared problem", the second refused the test after seeing the first one so the production decided to offer only 150 points for the first team (the minimum allowable!) and no points for the second team! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

The video of this courage test is available here, sorry for bad audio stream, anyway it is in Italian language.
http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=-2494044185247288828

Ciao!
Fabio.