Re: [TCML] Re: [UK] Coiling in the Media

Jeff,

   I did not mean to say that Peter should not take compensation for sharing his work. I may have misunderstood your advice. To me it sounded like you were saying that he should be paid or don't do it. It seems to me that Peters' motivation for building the displays that he does is to inspire others to create.

    I think we would all love to have our hobbies pay for themselves but except for a few lucky ones it just doesn't work that way.

    The way this list works is great. When someone has a problem or question all the list members try their best to provide the part of the answer that they know and they do it with no thought of compensation. Everyone shares and everyone on the list benefits. That's probably why the list was created. I would hate to see that change.

   Many of the contributors on this list build coils and related equipment as a business. I'm sure that you have been able to use some of the ideas presented on the list to help with the success of your business.

   (Sorry for rambling on, I'll shut up now.)

   Scott

Teslacoil Workshop <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Scott,

This list is for Tesla coilers - profit makers are very welcome - ask Chip.
I was the thirty third person to sign up on this mailing list and yes, once
I go an insurance policy (I pay yearly for that policy - more each month
than all of your cars and for many, more than your homes) I had to stop
dispensing how-to information. Not my choice but the "freedom fighters" on
this list love to fault me for it.

Peter is a doctor. I admire doctors that perform pro-bono work. I admire
Peter. So Scott, it is better for the capitalist (Discovery Channel) to make
all the profit or do you think that Peter is entitled whether he wants to
collect it or not? Peter is not the capitalist here, Discovery Channel is
and I believe that since they are making money from Peter's endeavors (oh
yes... they are) that Peter should earn a fee (token or not).

Don't knock capitalism - I would venture that you earn a paycheck -
capitalists like me PAY those paychecks. I pay the full time salaries of
four full time employees. That is how I give back to the Tesla community.

Jeff Parisse