Re: [TCML] IGBT selection HElp!IXGN80N60A2D1http://ixdev.ixys.com/DataSheet/99180.pdf

Hi Garry,

It's probably a good idea for you to go with what is tested and known to work well (HGT1N40N60A4D). Mouser has 44 in stock at this time. Expensive at $33 ea. Looks like Mouser is the only place stocking them and that's going away. Because Fairchild has 114 in stock, Newark and Digikey will list them. I checked Newark and they show they can order it at $41 ea.

Mouser is probably your best bet for this particular package.

Take care,
Bart

I'm just an electronics technician Dr. R.  I have no clue how to design the coil around those igbt's!
I'd rather go for the sot-227b package because I have a bridge designed for this type. Christopher Hooper told me he had to do very extensive and tedious testing for the various gdt's and such for the powerex type while building his fatboy drsstc. I fear I'm not up for that? That would be unless you have any plans for a coil that utilizes the powerex type. I guess nothing is really set in stone, but I would really like to know a replacement igbt that would work well with steve ward's drsstc1. Any suggestions anybody? Thanks in advance. Garry Neeley