Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 5:28 PM
Subject: [TCML] Another NST question

I thought I had read before that nst's shouldn't (couldn't?) be put in series to double their voltage, that it would be too much of a strain on the secondaries. But, we all know that there's some "wiggle room" in their construction, otherwise we couldn't get away with removing shunts and doubling the ma output. So assuming that one phases them correctly, is it possible to series two of them together? I was thinking 2 9kv/30ma's to give me about 18kv, slightly less if I don't drive it to 100%. I just chose that size because I have them already. Thanks everyone for your input on this.

Neal.