From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:59 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Cc: David Rieben
Subject: Re: [TCML] x-ray transformer for Tesla supply

Hi DC, all,

Yes, the consensus of the list responses to this question only verifies
my own thoughts on this matter. >100 kV voltages  (or >30 kV volt-
ages, for that matter) would just be too unwieldy for practical use in
Tesla primary circuits. I think list member Scot 'Bunnykiller' Dingman
has documented the significant voltage standoff difficulties associated
just from seriesing (2) 14,400 volt pigs, overdriven with up to 280 volts
from a variac, given 'max out' primary circuit voltages of around 33 kV.

David Rieben