RE: [TCML] Q,,question

HI Paul,

Your idea is perfectly clear and thoroughly correct.  Litz wire is comprised of a large number of thin, insulated conductors bundled in parallel, for the specific purpose of minimizing skin effect losses at high frequencies.  Litz wire would indeed be the ideal choice for a primary.  The only down side is that it's not possible to easily tap at multiple points to achieve tuning.  But winding the innermost 80% of a primary with Litz and the remaining 20% with copper tubing would be an excellent choice.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA