Re: [TCML] DC resonant charging: has anyone tried SCR's in this design?

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:21:18 -0000 "Chris Swinson"
<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [...]

Chris,
You could google for surplus 6500V thrysistors made by ABB, sometimes
they are sold on ebay for $25 each.  I have two 6500V thrysistors in
series for total of 13kV that I plan to try out in the 20kV DC resonant
charging unit and see how it goes...  See
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/dcreschg.html about DC resonant charging,
but without SCR in design.

Rob