Re: [TCML] Q

I may not be 100% clear on the strict definition of Q.

My understanding of Q is that it is a measure of the losses present in a component."

The Q of a device is the ratio of the energy STORED to the energy DISSIPATED [per cycle if you wish]. If the Q is 100 the stored energy is 100 times the energy lost per cycle. In a series electrical circuit it's the ratio of the reactance to the resistance. True for electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, etc. systems. If the Q is 100 then roughly 10% of the energy is lost in 10 cycles.
	For more exotic relationships look up "logarithmic decrement" in Google.

Ed